Monday, June 28, 2010

Today we only ate food

Today was much better.  I got some laundry done.  Watched some bad tv.  Watered the lawn.  Enjoyed a long summer rain.

I know it seems silly to water on the same day that it rains, but you have to understand.  Over the last few weeks I would wake up to overcast skies, get excited about rain, and then be disappointed when the sun was shining by 10 and it was already 105 outside.  So I water.  And water.  I figured today would be no different.  So what if there was a 40% chance of rain.  Seriously?  I don't count on it raining if it was a 70% chance.  Alas.  By 5 this afternoon is was so dark outside you needed a flashlight inside if the lights were off.  And when it started to rain, boy did it come down.  But it was a lovely summer rain.  Even if I didn't believe it was going to come due to all the previous fake outs. 

We had Rosa's for dinner.  I was in a stay at home kinds of day and didn't make it to the grocery store. 

Now I'm finishing off the day with Sam Adams and more bad tv.  I wish I was finishing the day with something from the great town of Shiner, TX, but I don't. 

I have to say, the best part of the day was the fact that Luke only ate food today.  That's always a good day.

No comments: