Monday, June 7, 2010

Marathons get me every time

They really do.  I have all the best intentions in the world, and then I find a marathon on tv.  It doesn't even have to be a good show.  Today's time sucker was Ghost Whisperer.  It's the epitomy of a guilty pleasure.  I was on episode #8 of the day when Cody got home. 

He hates that show.  He makes fun of that show.  He laughs and points at me. 

As soon as he walked through the door I started begging him not to judge me. 

Just love. 

No judge. 

Since it was Monday I had meant to get the house all clean.  Pshh.  Yeah right.  The only thing I got done before dinner was clean all the floors.   But after dinner I got the bathrooms done, a couple of loads of laundry done, and the house totally picked up.  Whew.  That saved face a little bit.  I needed to have whatever was gonna get done finished by bed time because ECI will be here at 9 in the morning.  I made a boo boo yesterday when I said the speech pathologist is coming this week, it's only ECI this week.  SP is next week. 

Remember that one time I said that I only got the floors cleaned before dinner?  Well, they were actually cleaned before nap time.  And then after nap time Luke decided to try and get a snack for himself.


*sigh* Why do I bother with this place?  I should just cover the whole place in plastic and hose it down each night before I go to bed.  But his utter devistation that the whole two pound bag ended up on the floor just made me laugh.  I gave him a big hug, told him it was okay, it was an accident, and we cleaned it up together.  I posted the picture on Facebook and my friend Haley made the comment that "he dumped the animal crackers right by the dog's bowl. Your son is a genius. If baby food is for babies, then animal crackers are for animals!"  Yes, we'll go with that.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Ghost whisperer is stupid. I'm judging you. Ha ha ha!

I can't help but laugh at that picture of Luke - a lot.