Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's NOT my party & I'll cry if I want to


Today we went to Claire's birthday party.  Sara and Caleb threw it in their back yard, complete with a kiddy pool, kiddy sprinkler, bouncy house, and their normal swing set.  Sounds like the perfect set up, right? 


I think that face begs to differ.

See we started out the party great.


Luke was happy, all was good.  Once the bathing suit went on things quickly digressed to this.


I tried getting in the bounce house with him.  Hysterical.  I tried sticking him in the pool.  Hysterical.  I tried to (gently) push him into the sprinkler. Hysterical. Hysterical.  Oh, did I mention he was Hysterical? 

Mostly he wanted to mooch off of everyone's fruit plate.   I probably should have gotten up and fixed him his own plate, but no one seemed to mind.  Except for this one time he ate a grape off of Zane's plate.  He bit half of it off and then put it back on the plate.  Zane happened to walk up at that time and with the most genuine tone said "Oh! Thank you Luke!"  And then proceeded to try and eat the grape.  I quickly snatched it away. 

When the cake came out life was peachy.


Mmmm that's sweet!


After it was all said and done with a full belly, he was content to just sit and watch the world go by.


(Oh, and the kid in the diaper two pictures up?  Yeah, at one point we looked up and he had taken off the diaper and was running around the birthday party in his birthday suit.  Classic.)

No comments: