Thursday, June 24, 2010

VBS day last

I just told my son "No No  No!  We don't put our arm in the potty.  That's yucky!" 

Can any day be a fantastic day when it ends on that note? 

It started out well enough.  Tara and I took Luke to the pool, and then we had lunch and did some sewing.  She made a darling half apron and I made another crayon roll.  But by the time VBS rolled around I was tired.  TIRED.  Honestly, I didn't want to be there.  But Jesus said I had to go.

So I did. 

Afterwards Mom, Dad, Ashely, Luke, and I went to Tutti Frutti for yogurt.  I had pomegranate flavored and it was GOOD.  On the way home Ashely stuck her head out the window and shouted "It's a convertible!"  Pure awesomeness.

Yesterday I did nada (well, except for VBS of course.  The Lifesavers piggy bank we made took the entire time, praise Jesus.  I didn't have to vamp at all).  I sewed up a hooded towel for a baby shower on Sunday. 


That's it.  It shouldn't have taken me the ENTIRE day, but a little someone suddenly got needy every time I would sit down at the sewing machine and would get all fussy and blec.  Fun times.  Like when he decided that he needed all of his bedding (except his sheets) in the living room to go back to sleep at 8 in the morning.  Just stay in bed kid.  I won't complain.


And when the hard floor wasn't comfortable anymore he moved to my bed. 


Just kidding!


Then later in the afternoon he started to play with some of my heels that were in the bottom of our closet.  "What, I'm not doing anything wrong!"


Ah, busted.


And finally the creme de la creme from yesterday, the banana incident.  He wanted a second banana and I told him no, one was enough, that another one would hurt his tummy and make him not poop.  Apparently he didn't believe me because a few minutes later I found this in his hands. 


He sure showed me.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Are those PJs from Children's Place? I think I saw the same ones and wanted to buy them but my pooper husband won't let me buy any baby clothes!