Monday, February 7, 2011

23 Weeks

Well, the sun was out again today which helped me to be much more productive then the last....ummmm.....week.  I did laundry (what little I had.  I'm totally staying on top of that this time), cleaned a bathroom, made a burp cloth set for a lady at church, made dinner (I actually got a compliment from Cody on my hamburger!), changed the sheets, emptied the dishwasher.  Yesterday I did my weekly grocery shoping (during the big game of course, had the place mostly to myself), cleaned the floors, and did some over all tidying.  The front door was open, the blinds were up, it was a lovely day.  No desk yet, but lovely none the less.


I mean, what day isn't lovely when these sweet things arrive in the mail?!  The first two bows of the four I've ordered so far!  I got these two beauts at this shop and now they reside on the bow holder!


(Can you see my belly button?  Hello world!)(Also, welcome to what I've been wearing for the last week.  It's hard to put on actual pants when you know there is no where to go.  Just keepin it real folks.)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 23 weeks. Finally.  With Cody home so much last week, it was almost like every day was Saturday, and the week just couldn't move forward.  It was a long one.  Hopefully this week will move faster.  Except not too fast.  I have my dr. appointment on Friday and it's the glucose test.  Blec.

Size of baby: weighs as much as a large mango.  She's a little over a pound!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I don't know right now, but I will on Friday at that appointment.  Shall we guess 10?  12?

Maternity Clothes: Yes.  Today I tired to wear one of my regular tee shirts, and it barely met the top of my yoga pants.  Oh brother.

Gender: I'm having me a baby girl! Evan Elaine Carver will be here at the beginning of the summer!

Movement: Almost all the time.  And a lot of the time it's not even just pokes and jabs, it's the tidal wave rolls that feel like cart wheels or something.

Sleep: Between the bathroom trips and the tissues, I am up somewhere between two and three times a night.  And unfortunatnly it's about to get worse because I've just been told the medicine I've been using to get what little control of my allergies I have, is not appropriate for pregnancy.  Oops.  I was so depressed trying to find a suitable replacement and finding none that I tried to buy myself a new shirt so I'll at least look cute while being sleep deprived, but Target had nothing I liked.  Talk about adding insult to injury.  So I went to Freddy's for a hot fudge sundae.  Maybe I should up that poundage in the weight catagory to around 14 lbs.

What I miss: My nasal spray.

Cravings: Just the sweets.  And I always give in.

Symptoms: Ugg.  I can literally feel my tummy getting bigger and bigger.  The skin stretching.  The tummy muscles deteriorating.  I can't imagine how I'll feel in 10 or 12 weeks.  And I keep forgetting to mention I've already gotten the waddle down.  It's just so much easier to walk that way.

Best Moment this week: Hearing my sweet boy say more and more actual words.  He's done so good this week!

I'm including a straight on photo this week so you can see that belly button of mine.  I told you it's come out play!  And I didn't realize how wide my hips looked until I saw these pictures.  Either these pants are a little baggy or I'm growing myself some birthin' hips.

No comments: