Monday, February 21, 2011

25 Weeks and more new words

First of all, in the last couple of days Luke has picked up two new words- pink and two!  Whoo hoo!  That's pretty huge for us.  Making that /p/ sound at the beginning of pink has been so difficult for him.  Unfortunately he's also picked up the words poo poo and pee pee.  While that's great for when he's potty training, it's not so great to shout out and want to talk about during a Walmart shopping trip, which is what he did today.  And for the last few months when ever we are counting he will say "One.....dis......dis.....dis......"  All we had was the one.  But now we are up to two!  Ha!  Every night when we say our prayers together, we always pray that God helps his brain and mouth to work together so he can say more words.  It's so exciting to see prayers answered!  Also today it was cute...he found my pack of nail files and said "aaaaahhh!" while pointing down his throat.  I laughed and said that it was a good idea that it could be tongue depressors, but that they were actual nail files.  What a smart boy to put those things together!  Oh, and one more thing.  I asked him a couple of days ago what his name was, and he said "L-dis-K-E!"  Ha!  I told him that's how he SPELLS his name, but when you say it, it is "Luke".  Funny kid.

Yes, I've written the wrong date by accident.  It was bound to happen at some point.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 25 weeks

Size of baby: She's the size of a rutabaga.  What is that?!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Can I stick with the 13 lbs from last week please?

Maternity Clothes: Generally, yes.  But Taylor is taking some maternity pictures for me in a couple of weeks, and I decided I needed a new shirt for the occasion.  I went to Khol's with Mom today and after making sure we had totally picked over the kid's section for anything else my children "need"  ;) I told her I wanted to go to the juniors department to find a new top for the pictures.  She looked at me like I was crazy (I was expecting that), so I asked her to indulge my delusions and just go with it.  She did, and I was able to say a big BOO YAH! when several of the knit tops fit, just in a medium instead of a small.  I ended up getting two- one to wear on the shoot and one just because.  Yay  me!

Gender: I'm having me a baby girl! Evan Elaine Carver will be here at the beginning of the summer!

Movement: Oh man, she actually tickled me to the point where I was laughing this week.  She is still about three inches below my right rib cage, and I have a tickle spot over there. Every few minutes or so she rolls an elbow or tries to high five me or something (seriously, she gets out there.  Like visible through my clothes.) and one time she hit it right on the money.  It's a good thing I was alone in the living room when it happened, otherwise my laughing and yelling out "that tickles!" would have looked really odd.  She's also gotten me a couple of times in the bladder, but thankfully those haven't been square on kicks, just bumped into it.

Sleep: It seems that every other night I'm able to sleep through the night.  Better than nothing.

What I miss: I think I've been okay this week.

Cravings: Still the sweets.  Lots of sweets.

Symptoms: Still lots of stretching across my belly, and I can really tell that I've got more weight out front which seems to put a strain on the skin and muscles underneath my tummy.  And tonight I've been really dizzy.  Odd.

Best Moment this week: Sitting and watching my girl try to come out the side of my belly.  And getting tickled by her.  ;)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a sweet time!! I have two boys, and it's funny how much of the pregnancy details I have forgotten :(

You have a GORGEOUS blog!!! Love the colors!

Blessings!
Melanie :)