Thursday, February 10, 2011

It got cold again

*Please Note!* Well, it appears that my spell checker isn't working, so, ahem,  sorry about whatever you come across.

Yesterday was stinkin cold.  Like, sting your face off, take your breath away, wind chill in the negatives cold.  The over night temps last night were record lows.  It was cold.

Never the less, I still managed to get things done.  Like........I built the whole desk.  Well, first I made Evan's dress to match Evalyn's, took the picture to compare sizes to the one I'd already made:

(I think it looks like a size 12 month to me!)

But the whole process only took an hour.  Then I was just faced with the big flat box, like it was mocking me.  If your bet from Tuesday was "Cody won't follow through with putting it together like he said", then you were right.  I'm not giving you money though.  I started putting the desk together at 11 yesterday morning, and I didn't get done till almost 11 last night.  Now granted, that was with a sizable lunch and dinner break (which was at Mom's.  She took pity on me because they cancelled church and dinner at church and she knows how much I loath cooking.), plus I took a break inbetween each step because of my back.  I have never put anything together before that intimidated me more than looking at the instructions book for that thing.  But after getting past the 4 PAGE supply list, it wasn't too bad if you just took it a sentence at a time.  And each peice in itself wasn't that heavy, so the only part that was hard was bending over so much.  My back hurts again just thinking about it. 


Our new living room!  It's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be, and I think I'm gonna enjoy Cody being here in the same room that I am most of the time.  Hopefully he will be content with the set up and it will stay like this. And what did my boy do while I was working?  He "helped" me, he played, he tortured the dog.  When I say tortured the dog, I mean this.


Chasing her around with his push cart and raming her.  She would try to find higher ground:


But he would just disrupt that.


Plus he got all 10 puzzles out and put every. single. piece. in a pile on the couch.


Believe it or not we didn't loose any when I went to put them back together.   

Today was a bit more low key than my building expedition from yesterday.  I did a bit of rearranging of furniture in the bedroom, shifting the chest of drawers out and the sewing table in.  Now I've got a big empty chest of drawers in the middle of our bedroom floor because I was not stubborn enough to move it myself down the hall to Evan's room.  I'm gonna *try* and wait for a time when Cody can help me.  After nap time Luke and I got out and did a few errands.  Got some colored burp cloths to embellish for my girl, printed of some nursery art, got some more fabric to replace what I've used up recently.  When I got home I put my new fabric and cloths and some other laundry in the washer because, *suprise!* our cold water didn't freeze up over night despite the frigid temps!  By then Cody got home from work and we were chillin as a family on the couch. 

That's when I heard it. 

Splashing. 

Oh, I knew instantly what it was, and I dashed into the laundry room.  Sure enough, water was gushing out from behind the washer.  Apparently the cold water pipe didn't freeze, but the drain sure did.  It took almost a whole roll of paper towels and three bath towels to mop up the mess.  It was sweet though, both my boys came running to help.  Cody got under the table and mopped up what was there, and Luke ran to find a flashlight and shined it for us.  Hey, at least in his version of "helping" water didn't just get spread further!  And now I've got another washer full of dirty water and sopping laundry.  The good news is Saturday it's supposed to get up into the 60's, so if it does't thaw tomorrow then it should by then.  It won't be as long as the last time! 

THEN, as if the washer incident wasn't enough, I go to make dinner- hot comfort food of baked potatoes topped with chili.  I get the potatoes in the microwave, turn to dig out my chili and BAM realize I forgot to buy some.  You've got to be kidding me.  I tried to convince Cody to go to the store, but he tells ME to go and (get this) TAKE HIS TRUCK AND GET HIM GAS.  Ha!  Yeah right buddy.  I huffed and threw on some shoes, ran to the store, made it home and still had time to open the can, heat it up to a boil, and grate some cheese before the potatoes were done.  I felt pretty much like a rock star at that point. 

I would love to say that all of this has earned me a day on the couch with my DVR tomorrow, but unfortuntaly I've got my glucose test and doctor's appointment in the morning.  *sniff sniff*  I really don't wanna do this.  This was one of the first things I thought of to dread whenever that litttle second line appeared.  I know that this time tomorrow it will all be over and I'll be pecking away at how it wasn't that bad, that I made it a bigger deal in my head, but still.  It's what I do. 

And since I don't want to end on a Debbie Downer note, I'll leave you with a picture of what came in the mail yesterday. 

The other two bows I ordered!  I left the one in the package because I thought even that was cute.  I love everything about these headbands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The desk looks great! Can't wait to see Evan in those cute headbands!

~Luke and Evan's Nana~