Friday, February 25, 2011

Pinchable booty

Yesterday the boys and I spent most of the day at Shae's house helping them unpack.  Did you catch that part?!  My friend is back!  I didn't write it down here, but I distinctly remember telling her that they wouldn't be gone that long.  I just had that feeling.  And sure enough, a little more than a year later they are back, with an extra kid in tow.  Anyway, for having a three year old (Dakota turned three this month), an almost 3 year old (Luke has three months left), and a one and a half year old (Kayden), they actually all played really well together.  Amazing! 

Today I finally had my stay at home and do almost nothing day.  I sat on the couch and really enjoyed my coffee.  I played play doh with my kid.  I  watched him play with his truck and horse trailer.  For some reason he had to wear his hard hat when he played with them, something he's never worn before even when he's played with the tool/tool box that came with it.


I piddled around on the sewing machine.  I took another 20 minute project and turned it into a 2 hour ordeal.  Wednesday Luke and I ran into a fabric store, where I came across some lavender and green plaid fabric ON SALE for $3.50 a yard.  Heck yes.  I got two yards and lots of ideas.  I used 1 1/4 yards of it to make another blanket, but this time I didn't layer it with anything, just hemmed up the sides.  It really should have taken no time at all, but I thought this would be the perfect project to try out a fancy stitch on the sewing machine instead of just doing a straight stitch up the hem.  All the detail took extra extra time, but I didn't do any of the work, I just had to sit there and make sure that the fabric ran straight.  What ended up taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r was when my bobbin ran out and after I reloaded it, the whole machine jammed.  It developed a giant wad of  thread under the sewing plate, which meant I had to take the machine apart to get to it.  I even snapped off my seam ripper in the wad.  Bummer.  But that seam ripper was probably at least a decade old, so I more than likely did myself a favor by now forcing myself to buy a new one. 


Here's my fancy stitch.  At first I was a little disappointed because the thread blends in with the fabric well and I wished I'd picked a more contrasting color.  But as I kept going, I realized it had been a blessing in disguise.  True to form I didn't measure anything before I started folding and pinning and sewing, and if you look closely to the whole things it's pretty uneven.  But I don't really care.  For the most part it's going to stay in her crib anyway.  I am hoping to really only use the quilt as decoration and have the blankets that I make and the ones I registered for to be the functional ones that keep her warm.  So after I was done I just folded it up and put it in the crib.
Someone wanted to see what I was doing.

Speaking of a little someone, he actually wanted to go pee pee in the potty this afternoon.  Of course I let him, and afterwards in his room I held up a diaper and a pair of underwear for him to choose what he wanted to wear.  He picked the undies!  I couldn't resist getting a quick picture of that little hiney wearing it's first pair of big boy pants.  I  love this little booty!


Unfortunately it only lasted about three minutes.  Not because he had an accident that fast, but because he didn't want to wear them any more.  He got this look on his face and just said "No Momma, no Momma"  over and over again while trying to pull them off.  I would have thought this would be more comfortable than a diaper, but I guess if a diaper is all you've known then the change might not be welcome.  We'll keep trying though!  Maybe next time I can stretch it to four minutes, and the time after that five minutes.  One day in the far off future my boy  will have that cutie booty in undies all the time!

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yay! So glad she is back. Having your best friends close by is such a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Love to put your little boy face down open his legs then lick the crotch out of his underwear while i take my pants off ill keep licking his underwear then ill drop his underwear down and slap his ass ill put my hand on the back of his head and push his head down hard while i force my dick straight up his butthole ill cover his mouth and tell him to shut up nobody is gonna help you while i hump his asshole brutally till i bust a fat nut emptying my balls deeply in his ass