Tuesday, February 15, 2011

24 Weeks

Once again, excuse the awful-ness of my photo.  Sunday and Monday I looked nice and cute, but did I take a picture then?  Oh no.  I spent the entire day doing housework, and my appearance is a direct reflection of that.  On the plus side, I got the old computer desk out of Evan's room, all of Cody's things that he still hasn't dealt with in a box in the garage (where he can now deal with it at his leisure without me going crazy on him), and 4 loads of laundry folded.  Plus I straight up scraped the paint off of two dresser drawers tonight.   I did buy stripper for it, but it was a total bust and didn't work. 

Also, I just went back and tried to do a belly comparison from the last few weeks to see if I've really changed that much, and it just goes to show that I really should take each picture at the same time of day from the same angle.  This week I did it myself with the timer all the way from the dining room table waaaaay after the sun went down, and last week Cody took it much closer (from a higher angle since he's obviously taller than the table) at night, and the week before he took it but stood farther back and it was during the day.  Oh well.  I almost didn't take tonight's at all, so at least I've got something.


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 weeks. Adding an extra day has made this week seem extra long.  In fact, someone asked me how many weeks I was today, and I couldn't remember if it was 23 or 24.  How sad is that?

Size of baby: Evan is the length of an ear of corn.  And I can tell, too.  The website I get all these weekly things from say that she's still a little more than a pound and about a 12 inches long, but another site I saw this week said she's about 2 lbs and 14 inches long.  That's a pretty big difference to me!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Welp, according to the doctor on Friday I'm up 13 pounds.  Now, I've seen other weekly pregnancy blogs and those ladies are 10 to 12 weeks ahead of me and only at 16 pounds gained.  Eek!  Plus I'm sure I'll balloon at the end, so it looks like I'm gonna be up a solid 30 lbs or so again this time around.  I should probably stop with all the candy and ice cream.  And milk shakes.  And cookies.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Please refer to the picture.  Actually, I wrote that before I took the picture.  Don't refer to it.  The shorts and the tee shirt just happen to not be maternity.  I never wear this shirt because it's exteremly large and I hate wearing big shirts, but it was our intermural champions for flag football college shirt and I just can't part with it.  It's come in handy during pregnancies.  The shorts are old work out shorts from when I used to pretend to work out.  Read- jog around the block once or go to the gym and "lift" weights before hitting the pool and sauna.

Gender: I'm having me a baby girl! Evan Elaine Carver will be here at the beginning of the summer!

Movement: She's an active little booger.  And I can tell she's moving up too.  I could have sworn today there was little body part protruding from right under my rib today.

Sleep: Dear Sleep, you will come back one day right?  And when you come back, you'll leave your enemies Potty Break and Hip Pain in the dust?  Okay, thanks.
What I miss: I really missed beer this week.  Don't judge.

Cravings: Just the sweets. And I always give in. But that will stop.  Right.

Symptoms: Besides the stretching of muscles and skin and my tired back, this week the foot cramps have come out to play.  And the shortness of breath.  Sometimes I just have to sit and lean back to be able to fully expand my lungs.  Plus, if it's possible, my patience have become even shorter.  I'm afraid people are going to start walking on egg shells around me if I don't get my act together. 

Best Moment this week: Passing my glucose test!  Not that I was really worried, but it was nice to get the phone call that all was in the clear.  Also at the doctor on Friday she measured the height of my fundus for the first time- the length from the top of my pubic bone to the top of my uterus- and I'm measuring 22-23 inches, so not too far off!  (Typically you should be the same number of inches that you are weeks....so maybe I'll get me another sweet little bitty baby?)

No comments: