Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I'm postponing my weekly pregnancy update until tomorrow.  Try not to be too devastated. 

Today was a beeeeeeeeee-autiful day.  Just like the past weekend was.  Temperature was in the 70's and the sun was shining.  And while it was just like this for the past two days, today was the first time Luke got to play outside.  After we ran our Monday errands (Target for groceries and Home Depot for  the paint that will freshen up Evan's furniture.) we came home and Luke found his way out back.  He also found an old cell phone that had been buried in the grass or something. 


All I know is that I was getting Kayden going with lunch and I looked out to see him pacing in the grass "talking" to someone.  Later he told me it was Papa.  Hmmmmmm.   Alright then.  I fixed him some lunch and let him eat outside too.


But the conversation was just too thrilling to stop and eat. 


Finally it was that blessed time of day that I call nap time (these days Luke calls it, lay in bed and talk time), and I finally got to eat some lunch.  Right as I was finishing and trying to decided what sweets would satisfy my need for sugar, Cody showed up at the door with cheese cake from Cheesecake Factory.  Yum!  I didn't even care that he'd eaten half of it on the way home! 

Late this afternoon I set the table for our family Valentine's day dinner, and baked some brownies. 


Then I made one of Cody's favorite meals- bacon and shrimp- and we actually sat around the table together.  I need to clean off my sewing stuff more often!  It was fun using our wedding champagne glasses, although don't worry.  Evan still has a couple of DECADES before she tastes the stuff.  At Target I bought some strawberry pomegranate Italian soda, which was not only delicious and fizzy, but a nice deep pink to match the table!  It was fun blessing my family with a little love today, but man, my back sure is killing me.

Oh!  I almost forgot- after nap time I put his shoes back on him and he spent the rest of the day outside until the sun went down.  And the phone?  He has figured out he has pockets, and he kept the phone in his pants pockets all day, pulling it out occasionally when he got a call.  Or needed to talk to the "choo choo's".  Did you know you could talk to trains on a phone without a battery?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Haha, so cute! Madison told me she was talking to Beauty and Beast yesterday. Send some of that 70 degree weather up this way please. :)