Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sunny and productive

Today was another beautiful day.  The sun was shining, the weather was warm, the blinds were open.  I cleaned the other bathroom today (a miracle in itself since I usually can't make myself do any housework past Monday), made some chocolate chip cookies (which included the first batch without the chocolate chips for Cody.  That kid is still weird.), and made a dress for Lindsay's Evalyn. 


I cut two dresses at the same time, and I'm going to make Evan one tomorrow just like it.  Our girls will be matching, just a year apart!  I did use the link to measurments that Julia had found and left for me the last time I tried a dress, so hopefully these two dresses will actually be the size 12 months they are supposed to be.  Maybe tomorrow when I make Evan's I'll photograph the pink and brown dress with the green dress so we can see what the sizing difference actually is.  But that's just me thinking out loud.  Or on the keyboard.  Whatever. 

Also exciting news, the desk came today!   Yay yay yay!  The only problem is, it's in a big box.  A Big.  Flat.  Box.  Which means there is a husband around here that's gonna have to put it together.  He said he'll do it after I go to sleep, which is the silliest thing I've ever heard considering I am more than willing to help (and I'm VERY handy at putting things together.  Really and truly.)  Do we wanna take bets on whether it actually happens, and if it does how late he stays up to do it?  Or realizes at 4 this morning when he's only half way done that he's going to have to finish tomorrow?  There are many many things my life partner is good at.  Time managment is not one of them.  Unfortuantly I'm not only excellent at time managment (usually), but I'm a bit of a stickler about it.  It goes alone with my "rule follower" nature.  He's not a rule follower either.  See why we tend to clash?  A lot? 

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll have some finished product pictures of our new living arrangment tomorrow, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.  Let's be safe and plan for that on Thursday.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Lindsay's Evalyn can't wait to wear her dress! How is the deak making going?