Monday, February 28, 2011

26 Weeks

Last night after small groups we came home and Luke started running a fever.  Booooo.  I gave him some Motrin, but it didn't really bring it down a whole bunch.  Baby boy fell asleep fast when I put him in bed (after we rocked for about 30 minutes), and this morning he woke up good as new.  He was one chatty cathy, getting in all that he had missed last night.  As the morning wore on he started having a low grade fever that crept up to 101 by 11:30, so I gave him some more Motrin.  I don't believe he's had a fever since, so fingers crossed it's passed.  Whatever it was.  I am so very thankful that it didn't develop into anything worse, but it's kinda annoying when he gets these random fevers!  I get all paranoid that he's got something terrible and that then I'm going to get it. 

(you can't tell in this picture, but I actually finally got a hair cut last Monday.  I can't believe it's been a week and I still hadn't mentioned it.  I mean, a yearly hair cut is a pretty big deal.  I asked for 1/2 inch off, and she cut more like 2 inches off, but whateves.  It's healthy again.)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 26 weeks- 97 days left......yikes!  I can't BELIEVE I'm in the double digits already.  But even though I'm under 100 days left, it still feels far off sometimes.  I made the comment this week that I feel like I'm pretty far along, but not far enough for there to be a light at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe around 32 weeks I will?

Size of baby: She's the length of a  English hothouse cucumber.  I guess there is a difference between that and a regular cucumber?

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm afraid to look.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and yes.  Although I'm currently wearing Cody's shirt, so technically that's not maternity.  Actually, I wore one of his shirts Saturday too.  Yikes.

Gender: I'm having me a baby girl! Evan Elaine Carver will be here at the beginning of the summer!

Movement: It seems this weeks she's gotten too big to just give a kick or bump here and there.  I'd say 95% of the movement I feel is whole limbs sliding and pushing around under the skin.  It's all highly visible.  Sometimes she's gets a sharp body part and just puuuuuuuuushes against my tummy, and it HURTS!  I mean, push a finger into your bicep as hard as you can and that's what it feels like.  It's got to be her and not just the muscles contracting, cause there is a hard knot where it hurts, and sometimes you can feel the rest of her body in a soft lumpy line coming off of it. 

Sleep: Eh, take it or leave it.  I know you aren't supposed to sleep on your back, but sometimes its the only way to get my hips to stop hurting.  I try and prop myself up pretty high, and only lay there long enough for the pain to go away, but sometimes I fall back asleep.  :(

What I miss: There was something, but I forgot what it was.

Cravings: I can not get enough sugar.  Or chocolate.  I've told you about my cookie dough that I made.  I think half of what I spent our grocery money on today was junky sweets.  Brownie mix.  Strawberry fig newtons.  Ice cream.  Pretzel M&M's.  I just wanna munch all the time.

Symptoms: Still lots of stretching across my belly, and I can really tell that I've got more weight out front which seems to put a strain on the skin and muscles underneath my tummy. Plus I need to drink more water because the Braxton Hicks are picking up a little bit. 

Best Moment this week: Hearing my boy say even MORE words!  At church yesterday in bible class he busted out with "amen" at the end of a prayer, and today he said "blue" (boooo) for the speech therapist when she asked what color Thomas (the Train) was.  Amazing!

No comments: