Monday, January 3, 2011

18 Weeks

Yep, I knew not to much would happen around here today.  I'm not going to handle being car-less for too much longer.  I didn't spend a lot of time sitting like I thought I would, I just kept finding more odd jobs around the house to do.  Sewed the lamp shade back together, replaced a light bulb, Windex-ed the china hutch, then the back doors, then the side windows.  Wiped down a wall where Daisy likes to rub against and had created a dirt streak over the years.  Yeah.

Tonight for I actually used a recipe!  Amazing!  Sure it was for something simple like sliders, but I would have just slapped some mayo and cheese on it and called it a day.  Instead, I caramelized some onions, fried up some bacon, and toast Hawaiian rolls to put them on.  They were so good!  I have a couple of more recipes planned for this week, all coming from the Eat This Not That cook book I got for Christmas.  It's a start, right?


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 weeks

Size of baby: length of a bell pepper

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Ug. Well, last Monday I had posted that I'm only up 4 lbs according to that days' doctor appointment, but then Wednesday when I went in for the blood work they weighed me and I was up 7 lbs.  Now, it was different doctors, so different scale, because I'm fairly certain I didn't gain 3 lbs in two days.  We'll just have to see on Thursday's appointment what they say!

Maternity Clothes: I've pretty much made the switch all the way around, except for a few tops that are long enough and stretchy enough to keep me covered.

Gender: Thursday!  We find out Thursday!  I am so excited. STILL hoping for boy, but you know what?  Not one person has told me they think it's a boy.  EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.  has said girl.  Sara's even dreamed I'm having a girl.  Only a couple of more days!

Movement: Yes and yes.  Every day.  Especially when I sit down and my tummy bulges into the elastic of my pants.  He doesn't like that.  Soon Cody should be able to feel from the outside.

Sleep: Pregnancy wise still sleeping fine!  I've moved to pretty much only side sleeping, which will get old fast.  Allergy wise I'm holding my own.  Saturday night I actually slept through the night without waking once, something that hasn't happened in months.  Last night I only had one allergy attack at 3 AM.  I found some nasal spray in the medicine cabinet which has helped tremendously. 

What I miss: I did miss my champagne on New Years, but that's it.

Cravings: Nothing

Symptoms: Just the boobs, which has lessened even more this week. Loving my growing belly!  (although it's started itching more.  boo)

Best Moment this week: Realizing that my baby is going to be born this year.  Yay!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Um, LOVE that turquoise dress!

Kendra Tapie said...

Lindsey you are looking good girl! THURSDAY!!!!!

Sarah Smith said...

You look so pretty in that picture. You are glowing! Love reading your posts. I admire the mom and woman you have become.