Update: I created myself a nest of pillows to sleep on top of last night, and so I was able to sleep comfortably on my "tummy". I think I maybe woke up once during the night, which was a blessed change. Also, I forgot to mention I've got my tummy table back. I'm not gonna lie. I very much love the fact that I can recline on the couch and balance my drink or plate on my tummy. In fact, when I'm not pregnant it's one of the things I miss. It's back!
Now on to some sad news. After almost a week out of commission, I've come to realize that Hot Wheels in toilets don't just magically disappear. Metal doesn't melt. Plastic doesn't dissolve. I've done test flush after test flush, and the thing just isn't getting better. Boo. I was hoping that if I just ignored the problem long enough, that it would go away. Nope. I'm for real gonna have to call someone.
Besides the other half of the laundry and most of the ironing, today I got my nursing cover finished! I've been putting it off and putting it off, not because I thought it was going to be particularly difficult, but because I love the fabric so much I was afraid of messing it up. I'm notorious for making the first of a project a bit of a mess. And true to form, I probably could have done the panels on the side better, or not at all, but it wasn't terrible. I put the contrasting fabric on simply because I didn't want to use up all the floral fabric and wanted some left overs to make a dress or something. If I were to make myself another one I would just do one solid piece of fabric. Not only because it will make it 10x easier, but because I won't have an ugly unfinished back.
So there you have it. It does have an adjustable strap and boning in the top seam so I can look down and see her, but that's about the end of the special features. Like I said, the back is a total mess, but at least the front looks pretty! I'm just hoping it's big enough. I tried it on, but psh- like I have any frame of reference. If it's not big enough there's a good chance I'll be making my second ever nursing cover. And I would definitely recommend making it over buying it. A yard of fabric is no more than $10 (at the VERY most, generally anywhere from $6 to $8.50), the boning was $1.50 and the D-rings were 2 sets for $1.50. So the cost is at the most $13 to make it as opposed to buying a Hooter Hider for $30. Yeah right.