Tuesday, December 28, 2010

17 Weeks

Lord have mercy, my boy is back.  He was up this morning at 7 raring to go.  I told him groggily from bed that it wasn't time to get up yet and he needed to go back to night night.  Instead of climbing back into bed (or our bed for that matter) he ran into the living room and played straight until nap time.  Plus his appetite was back, he actually ate all three meals today!  At one point I just had to grab the camera.  Remember the tubs I bought yesterday to corral the toys?  Someone had a different idea for them.  He was in and out.  In and out.


and the toys that belong in them?


When he finally got distracted by something else an hour later I quickly cleaned it all up.


Much better! 

We spent the rest of the day at home, where I de-Christmas-fied the house (aka- found a home for all the new things we've gotten) and did loads and loads of laundry.  yaaaaaAAAAAYYYYY Me!  (sometimes it's okay to cheer for yourself, mkay?)   And now for the late update.  The shirt I'm wearing is actually Cody's.  I did have on sweat pants too, but I changed to jeans just for the picture.  You're welcome!  I don't think it's much better than what I would have come up with from yesterday, but at least I didn't skip out.  And sorry the sign is crooked.  It's surprisingly hard to hold that thing straight.


Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 17 weeks

Size of baby: weight of a turnip, which would be 5 oz.  He is also 5 inches long from crown to rump!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to the doctor's office yesterday, I've gained a pound putting me up to total of 4 lbs gained.  But I have the feeling that the numbers will rise drastically soon due to the incredible amount of sweets I've eaten lately.  I don't think I mentioned that Cody got me 2 lbs of Godiva chocolate for Christmas?!  Holy moly, that thing is three trays deep of pure rice goodness.  I'm almost done with the first one.

Maternity Clothes: I've pretty much made the switch all the way around, except for a few tops that are long enough and stretchy enough to keep me covered. 

Gender: We'll find out in a little over a week!  I'm getting so excited!  Except tomorrow I have to go do a bunch of blood work.  :(  *sniff* I hate this part.  It's the quad screen (for genetic disorders) and I'm going to request some thyroid testing.  I could put it off a couple of more weeks, but I'd like to get it over with and this way we can discuss the results at my appointment next week.

Movement: I'm confident he's moving around in there.  Last night I was laying on my back in bed with my hand pressed into my abdomen and I felt two little thumps.  I SO HOPE it's getting to the point where we can feel it outside the womb!

Sleep: Not so great, but that's more of me being sick and my allergies being out of control.  But, I hate to say, I think my hips are going to start giving me trouble soon.  They've been getting a little stiff after awhile.  I was hoping this would hold off longer.  For me it's the worst part of pregnancy!

What I miss: I was thisclose to stopping for sushi one night for a dish I'm pretty sure isn't raw but has cooked shrimp.  But I didn't, just in case.  I could taste it though.
Cravings: Nothing

Symptoms: Just the boobs, which has lessened this week. I'm so thankful that my body is gracious towards pregnancy. I LOVE being pregnant! I really do!

Best Moment this week: I wish I could say Christmas was the best thing about this week.  While it was very good, being under the weather brought the celebration down a notch. 

No comments: