Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning (Christmas #4)

I actually woke up on Christmas morning on my own, at 8:30.  What?!  That should have been a big clue to the day.  Since Luke wasn't up yet I went into the kitchen to get the rest of breakfast in the oven (the part I didn't stay up until midnight doing) and the any other last minute details ready I had forgotten. 

At 9 he was STILL asleep, but my grandmother called and the phone just happen to be right by his door.  He stumbled out of his room and I got all excited about "Santa came!  Santa came!" so we got Daddy, turned on the video camera, and went for his stocking.  At first I thought it was all going to be great.


But then it turned sour.  


He would not get off the floor.  We turned off the camera, I rocked him for awhile, and got him a plate of breakfast.  After a little while he calmed down and we were able to turn the camera back on and proceed.  This time was much better.  We got through his stocking and moved on to the presents. 


Half way through the presents all the grandparents started to arrive for brunch.  I really meant to get a picture of the table all set, but I forgot.  We had brunch, then everyone watched Luke play with his new toys.  He LOVED the train set, just like I thought he would.  By noon I could tell he was really starting to feel bad, and he had barely eaten any of the breakfast I'd set out for him.  His cough was increasing and his poor eyes were so droopy.  I put him down for a nap, but he didn't sleep for very long due to a coughing fit.  When he got up I could tell he felt BAD.  He was running a fever and just wanted to be held.  He sat with me for a long time, then sat with Daddy, and by 6:30 I was running a bath to put him in bed.  The kid was out by 7:15 (HOURS earlier than normal) and I soon followed suit because I was feeling pretty run down myself. 

Merry Christmas to us!

No comments: