Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busy busy

First off this morning, even before I ate breakfast, I sat and addressed all my Christmas card envelopes.  The envelopes came yesterday, and it's a good thing I did because our mail arrived at 4 with my pictures.  All I had to do was pop them in the envelopes and run up to the post office by 5 to get them on their way today.  And their off!
After that I ate some breakfast, then folded laundry.  I did 7 loads of laundry over the last two days, so there was quite a mound to fold and put away.  I switched on the Ellen show (I've got about 5 in the DVR and it's one of the few "me" shows I feel is appropriate for Luke to watch with me) and got to work.  As I was nearing the end there was a black pair of argyle socks that I was about to knot together.  I picked them up and noticed they looked pretty small for Cody's feet.  I tried to stretch them out a little to see if they would fit him that way, but not really.  At that point the thought actually crossed my mind "Can old socks suddenly shrink in the wash?  He's not going to wear these anymore."  Finally, FINALLY, it dawned on me that these were MY socks.  It was 10 in the morning and pregnancy was already messing with me.  I can blame that on pregnancy, right?  Not just me being an idiot?

Then I paid the bills and created my 2011 bill organizer.  Every year I make a grid in my little notebook, which I started in 2007.  Is it nerdy that I find it interesting to flip through these 4 pages and see what our numbers were?  Tough.  It may not look like much, but I'm telling you, getting it just right takes forever.  Several tries and ripped out pages later, I'm happy with it.


It may be a little neurotic to need all the lines so straight with no boo boos, but my theory is I'm going to have to look at this multiple times a month for the entire year.  If there is a little crookedness, that's  lot of times to bug me.  Might as well take the time to get it right so that I'll be satisfied for the year.

Ahem.  You still love me, right?

Next came the sewing.  Oh the sewing.  I've been putting some things off for awhile, waiting to get the machine out and all done at once.  Weeeeeeeeeeell, that may not have been the best idea.  Now I'm trying to cram in a whole bunch of projects into a small time frame.  I went from bored last week to stressed.  It's only Tuesday.  I keep telling myself I've got plenty of time.  And you know what?  I'm right.  After spending almost 2 whole days at the needle I've got a majority of the things done that I need to.  I might even have time to clean before the weeks up.  Let me tell you, it needs it.  I've been making Luke wear socks around the house due to our chilly 50 degree weather, and by the end of the day they are YUCK.  One of the very few downsides to not having carpet.  Hopefully I'll get it all done tomorrow, Thursday I can clean, and then Friday have a day of rest.  HA. Yeah right.  Something will come up.  Like today when Cody called and told me his truck died at work today and I needed to come get him after work (but then his friend took him to go get a new battery, which did the trick and he made it home.)  Or how Mom said she could meet me at Kohl's and let me get a pair of maternity jeans.  I'm up to three pairs now, which is a good thing because the ole tum's likes some give when I sit down and that just ain't happening in regular pants.  Well, my big girl regular pants.  Normal size pants are long gone.  I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Oh!  I almost forgot!  Here's your sweet-boy Luke story for the evening....I made hamburgers for dinner.  If I do say so myself, they were pretty good.  Eventually Cody came and fixed his, but didn't take anything to drink with him back to the computer room.  Then next thing I knew Luke was walking past me with a Dr. Pepper in hand, headed back to Daddy.  That sweet boy got him something to drink without even being asked or prompted!  I think I gave him a million kisses while telling him what a sweet thoughtful boy he was. He really has been extra sweet the last day or so....I think he's trying to make up for being such a turkey at the beginning of the week.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

What a sweet boy. He can give me a Dr Pepper any day.
I hope that everything worked out with the truck yesterday.