Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pushing the limits

Luke has started doing something rather annoying lately.  Every time I tell him "No, don't touch that" (whether it's the Christmas tree, a hot pan, the straw in my cup....) he starts lightly touching his pointer finger to anything within arms reach while giving me a sly look that says "What about this?  What about this?"  When it's being directed at the Christmas tree and it's ornaments he will start touching every. single. ball and light.  I told him tonight while he was going potty that he couldn't touch the water in it, only pee pee could touch the water (as his finger was hovering millimeters from the water line) so he moved to the bowl.  To the lid.  To the shower curtain behind him.  When I told him he couldn't pick his nose he just touched the opening to his nose.  Then the bridge of his nose.  Then my nose.  I know that he's two and I know that he's just figuring out the boundaries, but does this come to a close any time soon?  Holy moly it's annoying. 

On a completely different note, I did get my house all cleaned today.  I feel so much better.  I can't wait to curl up with some hot chocolate here in a few minutes with my darkened quiet house and bad tv.  I've been sewing so much lately I haven't had a chance to do that in forever.  I did hurt my toe whilst cleaning though.  Boo.  I have a little plaque propped up on the a/c closet door and when it fell the edge of it smashed into my little toe.  As the blood welled up I did the ugly cry.  Oh man it hurt.  Luke and Kayden just stopped playing and stared at me, not a clue as to what to do.  It occurred to me that Luke had never really seen me boo hoo like that.  Eventually he did come over and sit with me saying "Momma?  Mom?" and then kissed my arm.  It was sweet.  I sure do love him, even when he is being overly annoying.

2 comments:

john said...

Whoever taught him that has a lot of explaining to do.

Don't worry... we'll catch him.

Haley said...

I find this funny (the boundaries, not the toe) because it comes one day after I get home and Jon tells me all about how Liam told him off for saying "no" all the time. It went something like, "babble-blah blah-NO!" "burble-babble-blah-blah-blah-DOWN!" and at one point included a hand on the hip. Our boys are cut from the same cloth :)

(oh cool, my word captcha is "allys" - that's so cool. I do think of you as an ally)