Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas #1

Friday I spent *trying* to relax and just take it easy.  That lasted until lunch time, and then I was itching to get my hands on some craft supplies.  I took Luke to Which Wich for lunch, then we hit up Hobby Lobby.  I wanted to the the canvases for the poster Mom bought him to go with his new room and to make a French memo board out of, plus some new letters to decorate in colors that will match.  By the time we got home it was 2:30, Luke was exhausted since it was well past nap time, and I realized I bought the wrong size of canvas.  Being the good mother I am, I squelched the urge to go RIGHT THEN back to Hobby Lobby to exchange the canvases in favor of  letting him sleep (I had wanted to tackle the projects during nap time) and we went afterwards.  More to come on how they all came out!

Saturday morning Cody, Luke and I got up early and hit the road by 8:20 (it was supposed to be 8, but I'm not bitter that someone wouldn't get out of bed when I asked him to) so we could pick up Ashley (who just came off a 12 hour night shift) and head to Colorado City.  We got Shippley donuts on the way for breakfast and they were SO GOOD.  By the time we were headed through Abilene it was lunch time, so we stopped at Cody very most favorite heaven on earth hot sauce place to pick some up and take with us.  So we had hot sauce and chips for lunch.  Poor Ashley was trying to sleep all the way but there was a little boy in the back seat with her that had other plans.  That kid chatted and visited and babbled about who knows what for 3 solid hours.  Three.  Hours.  Plus Daisy was in the car and the girl couldn't get settled.  I felt bad for Ashley.  But we made it, all with our sanity, and was able to snack on some Texas Trash and queso until dinner.

BUT right before dinner we got to open presents!  It was the first time I've seen Luke really excited to rip open the paper and see what was inside.  So fun!  By far his favorite gift was this big truck with a horse trailer and a horse.  He had a great time putting all of his new Hot Wheels in the horse trailer.  Well, that gift and my cousin's little boy's gift of a crash car.  You bang on the front and the whole thing splits in two.  We had to sneak that one out the door with Hayden when Luke wasn't looking.  It actually went missing by the end of the night last night, and lo and behold, this morning before church Luke "found" it behind the tv in the living room.  That kid is so sneaky sometimes.  Finally it was dinner time, and it was a good thing because I had a HEADACHE from having nothing all day with nutritional value.  Apparently when you are pregnant you can't get away with sneak days like that.  Needless to say I had two helpings of the amazing homemade lasagna that Mom and Aunt Patty made, a serving of chicken picata with spaghetti, and TWO pieces of chocolate pie.  Okay, the chocolate pie doesn't count towards  nutritional food, but if you've ever had my mother's chocolate pie you'll understand.  It's love and everything good in the world all in a bite.

more Hot Wheels in his stocking
the truck and trailer
Thank you Grandy!
come on Papa, let's play!

This morning we went to church over in Roscoe and then had lunch in Sweetwater.  Ummmm, can you tell we were in tiny town West Texas?!  Ha!  After lunch Cody and I packed us up and we hit the road by 2:30.  Luckily Luck was worn. out. by the weekend and slept/dozed/I-don't-care-he-was-quiet for the first 3 hours of the trip.  Only at Weatherford did he finally perk up. 

So obviously it was a great weekend with family.  I think this will have to be Luke's last time to sleep in the pack-n-play when we go, the little dude was as long as it was.  We were blessed by thoughtful family members, lots of laughter, and LOTS of food!

No comments: